Wednesday 7 October 2009

True Blood, politics, November is coming

The much hyped screening of ‘True Blood’ starts tonight. I’ll watch it but it needs to be good to outrank ‘Being Human’. I notice that after that it’s ‘Generation Kill’ billed as by the creators of ‘The Wire’. I have never seen an episode of ‘The Wire’, because I have got put off by all the people raving how it the greatest television series ever. How do you judge what is the greatest television series ever?

Today, the news is full of the shadow chancellor talking about wage freezes and pay cuts. This might be a bit of a risk. It certainly isn’t going to be made one of the cornerstones of the Conservative election campaign. “Vote for us and we’ll cut your pay because it’s for your own good.”

Been thinking about November Novel Writing month again. Feel like I still need a ton of planning to do. I was going for the idea that if I outline as much as I can, I won’t wind up having to bring in a new character/monster every few pages, to cover the fact that I’m not sure where to be going. Alternatively, it would mean that I will not wind up writing sentences that get long winded to bump up the world count. This did happen last November.

No comments:

Post a Comment