Thursday 7 January 2010

More snow and qoutes

Another day of snow. My father is going out buying new sacks of coal and getting batteries for the radio. I sometimes wonder if there is something in the nation’s mindset that looks forward to things going wrong.

Noticed on the website for Wired magazine a list of 100 quotes every geek should know http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2010/01/100-quotes-every-geek-should-know/. Here’s the ones I think they should have had in:

“Help, Help I’m being repressed” - Dennis the Peasant, Monty Python and the Holy Grail


“You’ll regret being so damn abusive when the electric UFO gods transphase in from dimension ten to appoint me manager of the universe. I said that out loud, didn’t I?” - The Drummer, from Planetary by Warren Ellis and John Cassaday.

“Look at us! Are we not proof that there is no good, no evil, no truth, no reason? Are we not proof that the universe is a drooling idiot with no fashion sense?” Mr Nobody from Doom Patrol by Grant Morrison and Richard Case.

“A coward you are Withnail, an expert on bulls you are not.” - Marwood from Withnail and I by Bruce Robinson.

“I was having a mildly paranoid day , mostly due to the fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.” - Spider Jerusalem from Transmetroplitan by Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson.

“People like listening to characters. Characters are safe, because they’re not real. So today I become a character.” - Doktor Sleepless from Doktor Sleepless by Warren Ellis and Ivan Rodriguez.

“Listen to them – the children of the night. What music they make!” Dracula by Bram Stoker.

“Why is there bacon in the soap?” Invader Zim

No comments:

Post a Comment