Monday 4 January 2010

Sorry for the break in transmission

Okay, normal services should be resumed by now. I’m sorry for the break in transmission caused by doing November Novel Writing month and then getting a brief Christmas job.

I did manage to get past the total for finishing November Novel Writing month with 50408 words. Unfortunately, the book has not got the main action so is only about a quarter of the way through. I have a feeling that once I finish the first draft, I will have to throw out most of it. Still at least I proved to myself I can have a chance at writing a novel. I’ve now got to finish the first draft in the next couple of months. However, there is another one I need to plan enough to get into a workshop at the World Horror Con. Ho hum.

I’ve finished reading ‘The New Annotated Dracula’ edited by Leslie S. Klinger. It’s a fascinating look at the text and its influences and references.

The general election campaign appears to be already starting. It’s hard to shake the feeling of a lack of excitement. Neither of the two main parties seems to be offering anything except degrees of austerity. There appears to be no promise of any new and exciting approach. Just the same as before.

No comments:

Post a Comment