Tuesday 8 September 2009

I am again having the problem that my vision of how I should be able to work is coming up against the reality of how it actually is. To be exact I feel as I should just leap up in the morning and embark of the planning and researching two novels, reading and analysing fiction books, getting all my music sorted, exploiting the mass of research cuttings I have saved, get my miniatures painted, work on my art abilities, planning the third and maybe the third or forth novel idea, be regularly contributing to forums, looking for a new job, joining a writer’s group to improve my work. Just an average day’s work really.

I’ve got an interview on Monday. I’m hoping I’ve got a chance. The trouble is that it becomes as if you are preparing to for an interrogation. What are they going to ask me, how do I respond to this question? The difficulty with being unemployed is that the stakes get raised so much. You can start getting into the false mindset that if you miss this one, there will be nothing for another year.

We took my parents’ dog for a walk on a Newquay beach the other day. There was a shop that does very large cones of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. Unfortunately, the dog kept disrupting some young men trying to have a game of cricket, by putting the ball in her mouth. I had to get it out which I found rather embarrassing. One of them said that she looks like a bear, which others have said.

No comments:

Post a Comment