Tuesday 29 September 2009

Playlists and CD's

Thinking about it, the thing with an Ipod, I am realising is that it is forcing the majority of us mere mortals, is that all notions of musical taste come down to ‘well, I like it.’ If the little white R2D2/Dalek (delete depending to mood) will record lists of how often you have listened to a song all the way through. Currently according to the play list, my favourite track is ‘Song from the Edge of the World’ by Siouxsie and the Banshees. I am aware that this does not appear on any ‘greatest of’ lists. But I think it’s great and it’s my Ipod so what?

Another thing about Itunes is that you get sized by an urge to cram as much as you can on there. (Are they banned from being the luxury item on Desert Island Discs?) Because you think that once all the CD’s have been turned into electronic files, you can take the majority of them to a charity shop. Two fatal flaws. Firstly, CD cases have the toughness of the average English football player’s leg. The plastic and the hinges can be cracked by a hard enough stare. Secondly, going to the nearest charity shop to drop stuff off, is something that the mind can turn into a trek to Mordor. Not something that one can just walk into. Actually it is, but very easy to procrastinate over.

Still concerned that I can’t make myself get out of bed at 6.am. This only going to make things more difficult when I find a job, but I can’t get to sleep until after twelve.

No comments:

Post a Comment