Friday 11 September 2009

Music Player Upgrade?, Job worries

Currently considering if I should leap into the age of digital music and get an Ipod. This does have a lot of attractions, in that it gets rid of the need to keep carrying a load of CD’s around with me, when I want to hear music on the train. Also it means I could have all of my music in one place and download podcasts as well.

It isn’t as if I can’t afford it. But I get these conflicting feelings that I could just get a CD player that plays MP3’s, as it would be cheaper. Also the question, once I had an Ipod, what else would I use it for? I’ll decide this weekend.

I think I’m feeling tense because the date for my interview is a few days before I go to the convention. So it feels as if the two are right on top of each other.

Also, when you are made redundant, there is a thought pattern that you get into. That once you have lost your job, the next time you have an interview, it’s you’re only shot at paid work again. If you lose this one, you’ve blown you’re only chance. And as it goes on, you will have to set your sights lower and lower, until you wind up at minimum wage, doing stuff where you are the oldest person working there.

Maybe there is a way I can pick up more skills, the thing is how do you pick them up, beyond sitting behind a till? The difficulty is that I find it hard to believe that you can pick up computer skills in a day workshop. Learning to use software, is a slow process I think. All these programmes come with so many little display bits, in the toolbars and the menus. And if you don’t have opportunities to experiment and play about, how can you fully know what the programme can do?

No comments:

Post a Comment