Thursday 20 August 2009

Bank loan letters, wargames minatures

It is notable that in this time of economic hardship and job uncertainty, one thing still is able to carry on. Yes, I still get letters asking me if I want a loan or a new credit card. Has this ever worked? Was the credit crunch in fact caused by people who had been on carefully maintained budgets, but then felt the need after getting a letter to suddenly get a twenty-five thousand pound loan?

I’m considering starting to paint my old Warhammer fantasy battle gaming miniatures again. This would probably just be to get them all painted, not actually play games with them. When I did, I lost so often that a lot of the fun went out of it. I did win more when I changed my army, although still not very often. But then the other main problem still continued. I would take my army out and bits of them would have fallen off in transit. When you’ve spend several hours painting something and then it’s hands fall off when you want to use it on the gaming table, it does put a downer on the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment