Sunday 16 August 2009

Redundancy

There is a fear that haunts everybody who is made redundant, I think. By everybody I mean me. Yes I have yet another part of the growing jobless statistics on the news. The 1980’s revival, not just in music.

The fear is as follows. You’ll wake up, make your way to the living room in your dressing gown and sit then down in front of the TV. Then you will fuse with the sofa to become something that sits, for day after day, watching television. As you watch, your waistline will swell, your pyjamas will fuse to your skin, as they haven’t been taken off, and you will lose all critical faculties. You become a blob, without the ability to evolve into something better.

This is ridiculous I realise. The drawback is that it gets replaced by the fear that you are not be trying finding work hard enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment